Wednesday, December 9, 2015

9 days to go: My 6th favorite Star Wars movie...


Episode I: The Phantom Menace is sixth out of six in my Star Wars movie ranking to date. Although I still have much fondness for this movie, one of them had to come last! My favorite scene takes place in Queen Amidala’s throne Room on Naboo where she says “I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war”. I just love her character and her many, many costume changes. Of course, the critics out there tend to focus on the negative, specifically Jar Jar Binks. As a character, I thought George Lucas knew exactly what he was doing when he designed him, as he had great appreciation from the children in the audience. The fan community has since come to see the fun side of Jar Jar. I have a relatively rare Jar Jar ‘frozen in carbonite’ figure in my collection.

1 comment:

  1. Padme Amidala is my favourite character from the prequels. So much heart and mystery and I loved how Keira Knightley played the Decoy. One of my favourite posts. Well done Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete