Thursday, October 29, 2015

50 days to go: The original 12 action figures


Initially Kenner (and Palitoy in the UK) released twelve characters as action figures, probably to assess whether there was a market for such toys. The rest is history, of course! Although I still have all of the original vintage action figures from when I was a kid, they were obviously removed from the packaging so that I could re-enact the movie, just like every other child. As my collecting continued into adulthood I would often search eBay in its early days for items. One day somebody was offering all the original twelve figures mint on their cards. In a moment of weakness I took the plunge, but I am so happy I did. Nothing beats that vintage look of the original packaging design.

 The first twelve Star Wars action figures, Kenner, 1978

No comments:

Post a Comment