Monday, October 19, 2015

60 days to go: Force Friday remembered


September 4, 2015 was ‘Force Friday’, the day when retailers around the world were able to start selling all of their Star Wars: The Force Awakens merchandise. Many retailers opened at midnight and there was a great deal of media coverage for the event. I headed out to Target for their midnight opening and lined up along with hundreds of others. Then, after a little sleep, I hit the Disney Store, Toys R Us and many, many more. It was an exciting day to say the least. I loved chatting with fellow fans and watching all of the craziness take place. It reminded me of those early days back in the 80s. Needless to say, I purchased an item or two for my collection. In fact it is probably the biggest one day expansion of my collection in all 38 years I've been collecting!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Force Friday merchandise

No comments:

Post a Comment