Monday, September 28, 2015

81 days to go: Gifts from America


Growing up in the UK in the 70s and 80s, and in a world before the Internet, I had little knowledge of the much bigger Star Wars world outside of my small hometown. However, my cool Auntie Frances, who lived in Houston, Texas, would send me a Star Wars gift for my birthday and Christmas each year. I was always excited about these, as they were always something that I had never seen before. This made me aware that there was much more Star Wars merchandise out there than I could find in the tiny toy stores in my home town. This collector case in my collection was one of those gifts from the US. It was never available in the UK.

 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back collector's case, Kenner, 1980
 

1 comment:

  1. Man they had some really cool looking sets back then. Sadly, unlike most Star Wars fans, I wasn't a big Enpire Strikes Back fan

    ReplyDelete