Monday, September 14, 2015

95 days to go: My favorite Star Wars movie


Episode VI: Return of the Jedi is my favorite Star Wars movie and probably always will be, regardless of how great the new ones are. I was just the right age when this came out in 1983 to be able to appreciate the movie on a different level. I remember lining up around the block of the Royalty Cinema in Great Yarmouth and I must have seen it at least five times during the summer of 1983. Return of the Jedi also has my favorite scene from any Star Wars movie in it. It is set in the Emperor’s Throne Room on the second Death Star. The Emperor is attempting to turn Luke to the Dark side of the Force. Luke resists, but you sense there was a moment when the Emperor almost succeeded.


Emperor Palpatine, Sixth Scale figure, Sideshow Collectibles. Star Wars: The Power of the Force, Final Jedi Duel set, Kenner. Emperor's Royal Guards, Kotobukiya.

No comments:

Post a Comment